Welcome:

Hey everyone, feel free to poke around, I recomend reading "First and Foremost First" then reading what you want. Have fun, and POST COMMENTS!!

Thursday, September 4, 2008

An Internet Business

A few weeks back a stumbled across this business. It is some college guy who is married and moving from one state to another with his wife to go back to school for whatever reason. Anyways this guy has two websites. One is a supplements site (sells legal steroids and all that sort ) and the other was just a one page site attached to his supplements site, but with no links. He was trying to sell off this other page to someone.
I emailed him about it and got the following information along with web address.

It is site that just 'sells' blockbuster all-access passes. BUT FOR FREE. I looked more into this because the site seemed ridiculously easy to create, very very simple looking site with giant banners to click on that send you to the block buster website to sign you up for a free two week trial and additional pages that give more information as to why you should do it and info about the all-access pass. That was it. I found that block buster pays $38 to all affiliates (anyone can be one) to sign people up for this free two week trial. So this guy just became an affiliate and used PPC (pay per click advertising) to market the site and drive traffic to it and presto.

Here is the majority of an email he sent me talking about it:

It is definitely a site that you could run from anywhere. Here is some more information about the site. If you are interested, just let me know...
Currently, I have it as a sub-domain on my other website. The reason for this is simply because it costs less to pay for one hosting account instead of two. For the new owner, we could either leave it how it is (the new owner would not have to pay hosting), or get its own domain name (the new owner would have to pay for hosting).
The site has a relatively simple concept. For each person that signs up for Blockbuster's Total Access free trial, the site makes $38. Fortunately, it is not very difficult to get people to sign up for a free program. So, that just means that the owner's main responsibility is to drive traffic to the site. I'm a pretty lazy person, so I don't stand on street corners handing out fliers. For the most part, I use pay-per-click advertising. The nice thing about that is that it is automated. This means that I set up the advertising initially, and then it keeps working for me even when I'm taking a nap on the couch. The site does not require much work right now. That is mainly because I set it up initially so that it would run itself. I spend maybe 3 hours per week on it. That time is mostly just maintenance and upkeep of the advertising accounts. Sometimes I'll make some adjustments to them, but for the most part I just keep an eye on them to make sure that everything is running smoothly.
I'll be providing complete training of everything you'll need to operate the site, advertising accounts, etc. I'll do all of the initial transferring / setting up of accounts for the owner. Then afterwards, I'll keep a very close eye on it until the new owner feels comfortable doing everything on his own. Even after that happens, I'll still be available to answer any questions. The guarantee is for real. It will be in writing and will be honored if need be, although my goal for the site is for it to surpass that mark easily so that I don't have to reimburse you a dime. I just need to get some quick tuition money for my wife and me due to my lack of planning. Anyways, if you have any further questions at all, or just want some clarification, please let me know. I usually answer my e-mails very quickly. You are also welcome to give my cell phone a ring.

Sweet. So he claims to be making at least $1500 but I don't know how much he was spending on PPC. But nevertheless he was asking 9k! for the site and I didn't think it worth it to do so when I could more than likely do the same for around $10 and a day's worth of work TOPS. But maybe not, and if the site really is producing that much he could very easily sell it. Getting a lump sum of cash up front will be a trick but if it really is making a consistent 1500 per month and he could guarantee it, that would be one sweet deal for someone!

Ha ha so I found that he has posted his business up for sale again but now is asking only 7k with a $1400 first month guarantee, or $6000 without. Interesting....

No comments: